Thursday, April 16, 2009

I wanna live a life of danger.

I wanna be a forest ranger.

This may, at first glance, seem like a stupid thing to just blurt out.  I can't honestly say that this is a lifelong dream; I only got to liking being outside a year or so ago.  It's been a pretty good year though.

I thought this big plan up while sitting in Valley worlds of Fun while the D was attending young Grace's birthday party.  I was minding my own business, drinking a fairly good cup of ninety cent coffee, reading a book when it came to me.  The book is A Walk in the Woods, by Bill Bryson.  It's about a guy deciding to walk the Appalachian Trail, all two thousand-odd miles of it.  

It's a pretty good book.

Anyway, I was sitting there while Delia rode the crazy indoor carnival rides they have reading this book when I decided that the life of a forest ranger sounded pretty sweet.  I'm quite frankly not at all sure that I want to be working at a computer until my hands and eyes shrivel up from staring at the box, typing.  Being out and about sounds pretty good to me.

I looked into it today at work, and it seems to me that you can get a job with an Associates degree, which wouldn't be hard to obtain, assuming that past credits would still count.  They laughed at me at work when I said I thought it was a pretty good idea, and to be fair I don't know what it pays, but still.  Alluring, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Delia would be pretty upset if we became forest rangers, baby!

    ReplyDelete